Friday, March 20, 2009

A very furry post.


I'm not sure why the model isn't feelin' it but I sure am. Faux fur, $105 from Silk&Sable

Let's get my views on fur straight, before going to the point of this post.
  • Fur is the most ridiculous reason you can have for killing animals. (The necessary reasons for killing animals are food and leather. Food because it keeps us alive and leather because it's uses are numerous.)
  • The animals in discussion, the ones whose pelt and fur is used in fashion, foxes, minks, rabbits do not give much leather and are definitely not food. Being quite small, they don't give much fur either, which leads to even more corpses.
  • These animals are brought up in cages, without notable care or ability to move around which is nothing alike natural conditions for these wild animals. The industry does nothing to improve their situation.
  • I like the look of fur but I don't like the carnage around it as the industry does it.
  • I would only wear real fur of two categories: 1. Vintage. Because those animals were killed a long time ago and when I pay for it, I don't support the industry, but the e-bay dude. 2. Straight from a hunter, whom I know doesn't keep the animals caged in his backyard and instead goes through the rigorous activity of hunting in the wild. Altho the morality of hunting as a hobby is argument material, I still prefer them for killing the animal in the wild as it should be done, instead of birthing them into a lifelong torture where they will definitely face a gruesome end.
The reason for that rant is that I am kinda-sorta wanting a fur shawl, stole or shrug. I have a habit of always being cold and it greatly annoys me in situations where I can't cuddle up to my incredibly warmblooded man(seriously, he's a radiator). And I don't want a full coat since I've got a bit of an attitude already and I'd probably accidentally get myself a job of the pimpin' kind. And I'd get bitchin' lame and in the end no one's gonna be my friend for I have to spend a couple years in prison because my fancy fur coat and his friends told me to get it on with the ho's and develop a habit of coke. So yeah, I'm keeping it cool.
I'm going to aim for the faux/vintage. Faux fur has recently made many a breakthrough and now it is even hard to make the difference between real and faux. The feel is similar and it looks great. As an extra plus, it's only a fraction of the price of it's real and bloody mother of sorts.

White Fox Faux Fur Wrap $89 from here

I have nothing to say except GLAMOROUS! It's not real fur, it's cute as hell and I can so imagine Marilyn Monroe in it. The wrap definitely has an Old Hollywood feel to it. This, flamy red lips, curly hair, LBD... and you will be right at home at any fancy event. Or in my case, I'll just dress up and go make random people go WTF on the street. The site itself offers a wide array of faux fur products (not modeled by douchebags and hoes, as most fake fur sellers like to advertise), you should definitely check it out if you're interested.


From e-bay, vintage.

This little number is real fur . Looks like it is in great shape and doesn't have much wear. The colour and style is a bit more forgiving. It would look great dressed up with a sleek dress or dressed down on a black coat, when you're heading out. Perhaps make note for long gloves and a cloche?

Also from Ebay, auction ending very soon, vintage and real fur.


No comments:

Post a Comment