Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bug-eyes & Photoears

There are some things on which the Sun and me can never agree. The heat, the shine and the radiance. However, we have made a silent agreement. He does what he does best and I occasionally faint. There's no point in arguing with someone millions of times bigger than you.

I've never been very fond of sunglasses since I spend most of my time with my normal glasses on. The few times I do happen to get out unexpectedly, I've been seen both "doubleglassed" and veiled. This year I concluded that if I found sunglasses which fit my needs I'd more than happily confront my mortal enemy. With opting for safety of the optical side. At least.

Good plan, eh? But alas, it had a few flaws. The major being that I don't like normal sunglasses. To explain that a bit, here's a story: Last summer I was sitting in a bus station waiting for a ride home. Everything seemed perfectly normal, people were running back and forth, buses came and went... Then a guy walks into the hall. Young, pretty good looking, dressed in a suit unlike everyone else in sight. He stops by the benches and just stands there. For 10 minutes, not moving a muscle, as if posing for an invisible photographer. I couldn't help but laugh a little to myself. Then he flipped on the coolest pair of sunglasses I have ever seen. Perfectly round and 100% reflective. All his young gentlemanly model's essence instantly turned into that of a giant insect! It was the coolest thing I had ever seen!

I have to admit, I didn't make a real effort before just recently for finding something analogous but that pair still stayed in my mind as the very epitome of sunglasses. Round and reflective. I knew perfection is (if not simply impossible) impossible to find. However, I think I get good points for the effort.


Behold my amazing incapacity of taking pictures of myself!

Yes, I now register on the cool-o-meter too. These aviators are by a swedish company called Haga Eyewear who usually make cheap, albeit rather generic spectacles. This particular pair cost me only 10 euros. They perfectly cover my eyes as well as eyebrows which is fun because now I don't have to worry about crying in public and cosplaying a stereotypical cop has always been a dream of mine.




If these aren't cutting it for you here are some other styles which fall on the good side.

Roberto Cavalli - On sale for 249.99$ , down from 344.99$ from here

Wayfarers, truly classic, give a certain tinge of funkyness to any outfit. 87.99$ from here


Ignore the description of these. It would be a shame to not work 'em with a retro summer dress and perhaps a headwrap. Get them here for 5.99$.

No comments:

Post a Comment